Terms and Conditions
World MS Day Art Competition
Terms and Conditions | World MS Day Art Competition
- The World MS Day Art Competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 at the time of entering.
- By submitting your artwork to this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Art Competition, be shortlisted, or win.
- To enter the competition, you must submit a piece of your artwork via the form below. A high-resolution file of your artwork in the following formats: JPEG, PNG. The file must not exceed 20MB. An entry submitted in any other format will not be accepted. The image itself will comprise your artwork.
- Each individual can enter the competition once with up to three pieces if sharing a series. The pieces will be judged as one submission.
- Applicants are asked to share the following personal details and contact information using the online submission form. These details will be used to contact you in regard to your entry.
• Full name
• An active email address
• Why you are taking part in the Art Competition
• How your artwork links to the theme
• Your creative process and technique
• Social handles (Instagram, Twitter, other) and website links
- By submitting an entry to the competition, you give MSIF the right to contact you regarding your artwork (your entry) and the right to use your name and town, or city of residence, your accompanying story and your social media handles for the sole purpose of identifying you as the creator of the artwork and/or as the shortlisted entrants and/or winner of the competition.
- During and after the submission period, your submission may be showcased to the public on the World MS Day and MSIF channels and through our partner’s channels, including in selected premises.
- MSIF cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, not properly registered or recorded or cannot be delivered or entered into the competition for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or any other reason. Proof of sending the entry is not proof of receipt by MSIF.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not infringe the rights of any other party. If MSIF have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this paragraph, then MSIF may, in its absolute discretion, decide not to consider it.
- You are responsible for all costs associated with creating the submitted artwork.
- Your entry must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory, unlawful in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Art Competition. If MSIF have reason to believe your breaches this paragraph, then MSIF may, in its absolute discretion, decide not to consider it.
- Any false information provided within the context of the Art Competition concerning identity, details, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or the like may result in the immediate withdrawal of your entry from the Art Competition.
- All creators retain ownership of their work. However, by submitting it you hereby grant MSIF and the Judging Panel, a perpetual non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to publish, broadcast (across all media), sub-license, support our global advocacy work and post the entry online, print or reproduce your entry and display on any other platforms including any yet to be envisaged. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by MSIF, and for MSIF to complete the administration of this competition.
- You can contact MSIF on [email protected] to withdraw consent for the use of your artwork
- There is no guarantee that your work will be used by MSIF at any point during the campaign.
- The decision of the internal panel and judging panel is final.
- The winner must be available to be contacted after the closing date. Reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner by MSIF. However, if the artist is unavailable, MSIF reserves the right to transfer the prize to another artist shortlisted.
- The winning piece of artwork will be used by MSIF to support our global campaign work.
- The World MS Day Art Competition is organised by the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (MSIF) (Charity no 1105321), a charitable company limited by guarantee with company number 05088553
- MSIF accepts no responsibility if you ignore these Terms and Conditions and you agree to indemnify MSIF against any claim by any third party arising from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions
- MSIF accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. MSIF further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of MSIF for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- MSIF reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue this Competition and its Terms and Conditions, temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of MSIF in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- MSIF shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.